How to Write Better: Improve your writing of letters, essays, stories, articles, papers and books using quick, easy and proven techniques
Do you wish you could write well or write better? Does the thought of writing a report, essay, article or book fill you with discomfort, or worse, horror? Do you end up staring at a blank screen for hours not knowing how to start? Even if you don’t find the prospect of writing painful, would you like to discover simple techniques and tricks that could greatly improve the quality and readability of your writing, and make writing much easier and more pleasurable for you? Would being able to write better and more efficiently help you in your career or studies?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re reading the right book. This book will reveal to you simple-to-learn and easy-to-apply techniques that will make it easier than you ever thought possible to learn how to write well.
Why should you believe Martin? He has been a professional writer for many years and was previously a financial journalist and travel writer. Even before he became a full-time writer, writing had been a core activity throughout his professional career. He has written several books, numerous newspaper, magazine and website articles, newsletters, courses, prospectuses, investment memoranda, direct mail letters, reports, business plans, proposals and press releases.
You'll discover inside this book:
· How your best friend can help turn you into a great writer!
· The single most important thing you must do before you sit down to write and how this will transform the readability of your writing
· 6 proven structures to ensure your writing flows naturally and is a pleasure to read
· 8 proven techniques to create powerful introductions (including a favourite that’s taken straight from the movies) so you can grab editors’ and readers’ attention and make them read your writing
· 5 proven techniques to create effective endings so your writing ends with authority and doesn’t just fizzle out
· 16 writing pitfalls you must avoid to make your writing the best it can be
· A simple, yet very effective, way to check that your writing reads well
· Essential guides to punctuation and correct usage (e.g. their or there, affect or effect, etc) so your writing is correct and looks professional every time
…plus a whole lot more.
This book gives you a tried and tested blueprint for creating high-quality writing – first time and every time. Don’t take our word for it. Here are some of the comments about the writing course from which the book is extracted:
“I want to take this opportunity to thank you for an excellent course and opening up so many exciting possibilities to me. I am enjoying it very much and have learned a lot from it.” (M. O’Sullivan)
“You course struck me as an invaluable tool and, although I have just begun, I am learning new techniques with every page I turn.” (J. Hunnicut)
“I am enjoying the course very much. Thanks for everything!” (K. Bartok)
“I am greatly enjoying the course. It is well written and comprehensive. I’m now nearly through the course, have already had two pieces published in the UK magazine Catholic Life, and am optimistic about getting work in the future.” (F. Cave)
“Very well written, simple and concise yet filled with excellent, practical and realistic information. Thank you for this wonderful experience.” (P. Kolandai)
“The information is absolutely perfect, informative and an easy read.” (J. Davidson)
Writing isn’t rocket science but there are certain principles you need to learn and apply. The principles and proven techniques in this book will fast-track your skills into the idyllic realm of the proficient, confident writer, where a world of opportunity awaits your every dream.
Are you ready to master one of the most valuable skills you could ever learn; one that can open a multitude of opportunities for you, which will serve you for life and which you can take with you anywhere in the world?
Don’t waste a single day of your idyllic new lifestyle. Grab a pen an